From the Butcher's: Easy Peasy Sticky Drumsticks

As I wrote about in a previous post, I recently received a box of meat from a butchery. As a student, it's incredibly important that I make the most of all my food and especially when it comes to meat to make it go as far as possible.

For my first recipe out of the box I used the two chicken legs that I had been given. I actually made two different recipes as I split chicken legs into thighs and drumsticks. For this recipe, I made sticky, sweet, spicy glazed drumsticks.

I like making up recipes from what I have to hand in my cupboards and this is no exception. You can easily create this dish from what I would call "store cupboard staples" and a sandwich bag!

Sticky Drumsticks
Per person:

2 drumsticks (or 4 depending how many sides you serve with it!)
chilli flakes, to taste
2 tsp honey
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp oil

Slash the drumsticks with a knife all over (This lets the marinade infuse throughout the whole drumstick and makes sure they cook evenly).

Put all the ingredients into a sandwich bag and rub together until this chicken is thoroughly coated.

Leave to marinate in the fridge for a minimum of twenty minutes but ideally for an hour or more.

Meanwhile pre heat your oven to 200C.

Tip the marinated chicken drumsticks along with the marinade onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. The chicken is fully cooked when the juices run clear.



TIP: Serve with wedges, coleslaw and veggies of your choice. I recommend sweetcorn as it compliments the sweet notes in the chicken.

Comments

  1. I do the same with chicken wings! Classic class gathering/ bbq must-have in singapore haha. Also add a touch of sesame oil to the marinade, so heavenly smelling! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts