Chocolate Chip Cookies - Easiest Recipe of All Time

So I'll be honest with you, last night I was craving a sweet treat and seemingly had nothing in the flat to satisfy my need. I knew I had an egg and some leftover chocolate chips from pancake day and set about finding a recipe.

Warm cookies straight from the oven, crispy exterior, chewy centre, bursts of chocolatey goodness throughout - I was in heaven! This recipe took me all of twenty minutes from start to finish and the hardest thing was not eating the cookie dough before I cooked them!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 8 cookies


55g plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
45g softened butter
30g sugar
1 egg
100g milk chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 190C. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg. 
Blend in the sifted ingredients to form a soft dough. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. 
Bake for 8 to 11 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. (Or just go for it and eat them warm!)

TIP: Exchange half the milk chocolate chips for white chocolate ones or add in chopped walnuts for a more adventurous cookie.

Comments

Popular Posts