My Ultimate Yorkshire Puddings!

I wouldn’t be a food blogger from Yorkshire without passing on my tips for amazing Yorkshire Puddings. I'm pretty sure everyone loves a good Yorkshire pudding and my recipe will give you the fluffiest, tastiest Yorkshire puds of all time.  

Just follow these three simple steps and use my recipe and you will have perfect Yorkshire Puddings every time - I promise!

1. Use rapeseed oil - it reaches higher temperatures than other oils and is healthier than beef or goose fat. When I am at home I use a Yorkshire produced one, however there are many different versions available around the country so try and go local!

2. Ensure the oil is hot enough - put the oil in the tin, on the top shelf of the oven, at maximum temperature for 15 – 20 mins before adding the batter.

3. Make the batter in a large round jug so that it can be added to the hot oil quickly.

Ultimate Yorkshire Puddings 
Makes 12


12 dessert spoons of Rapeseed Oil
325ml semi-skimmed milk
4 medium eggs
½ teaspoon salt
250g plain flour
Put the oven on at its maximum temperature (normally around 220C). I put the oven shelf on the second level down as on the top level my Yorkshire Puddings have been known to stick to the top of the oven! 

Put a desert spoon of oil in each compartment of a muffin tin. Then pop it in the oven to heat up to heat up.


Whisk the milk, eggs and salt well then leave to stand for 15 minutes. 


Sieve the flour into the egg mix whisking all the time. (The batter can be left to stand at this point until you are ready to use it.)


Pour the batter into the heated oil and cook for 15 – 20 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts