Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Brownies!

So I had a couple of bananas that were on their way out, at which point many people would just throw them away, and I would normally chuck them straight into a banana bread. But to make a really good banana bread you need quite a few ingredients, like raisins, nuts, maybe even some rum, and a loaf tin which isn't exactly a must-have in a student flat!

What's more I always like to find something new to bake and I knew I had some peanut butter in the cupboard that would go really well with the bananas. So after a bit of internet trawling and the combining of a few recipes, I made the most wonderful treats ever! 

I made these on an evening and came back the next morning to find they'd all gone but one! Nothing lasts very long in a student house, but even so this was quite impressive! These gooey, sticky, sweet, crunchy little numbers can be enjoyed warm or cold. I saved the last one for a couple of days and I reckon they get better with time - if you can wait that long!

For decoration, and to use up my last banana, I caramelised some slices for the top but this isn't essential. Plus I used almond milk in place of regular milk simply because that's what I had in the house, but you can do the same to make these brownies vegan.

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter and Banana Brownies

250g peanut butter
2 bananas, squished either with a fork or clean hands
150g brown sugar
60ml milk (almond, soy or regular semi-skimmed)
1tsp baking powder
170g flour
135g chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 180C and oil an 8x8 inch baking dish

Combine the bananas, peanut butter, brown sugar and milk until smooth

Add the baking powder and flour and mix until just combined. It's important not to overwork the flour.

Mix in the chocolate chips and transfer to the baking dish

Bake for 25-30 minutes. Then allow to cool on a rack before serving (although I had to have a taste while they were still warm!)






Comments

Popular Posts