Mother's Day (sort of)


I know it may have seemed like a missed opportunity not to blog on Mother’s Day, however, when you are 216 miles from your Mum and it is the very first Mother’s Day you haven’t been together there didn’t seem to be much to blog about. That is until I received these images from my youngest brother and cousin...


On Mother’s Day each year we alternate between taking "The Mums" to a restaurant or the children and men cooking for them at home. And I was delighted to hear that this tradition continued in my absence with my younger brothers and cousins taking up the mantle.

My brother George and cousin Izzy were in charge of dessert and they certainly went all out making:
Nigella's Clementine Cake (Recipe)
Best Ever Brownies (Recipe)
Mixed Fruit Crumble (AKA whatever fruit was hanging around the fruit bowl and freezer)


A belated Happy Mother’s Day to my mum, grandma, nanna, aunties and my two uncles, who cooked the main courses, all of whom have inspired me to cook and to show love through food.

(My dad never cooks, he says he can’t get a look in!)

Comments

Popular Posts