From the Butcher's: Crackling

One of life's joys: crackling. Crunchy, salty and juicy, some things in life are worth indulging in. I have to admit I've never really liked the idea of crackling in the past but when my meat box arrived with a pork roasting joint I had to give it a go!

And the results, even if I do say so myself, were glorious. As I've said before, food doesn't last very long in a student flat anyway, but I've never seen anything like the way my flatmates tucked into this crackling - it was demolished in seconds! 

What's more, it's almost a joke to call this a 'recipe' since all you do is shove it in the oven with some oil and salt. Literally anyone can do this - so why don't you give it a go?!

Crackling!


around 24cm pork rind, scored (whatever shape and size you have!)

2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp salt
Preheat oven to 220C

Place pork rind-side up on a baking sheet

Rub oil and salt into pork

Roast for 40-50 minutes, or until small bubbles form on the surface. Cool for five minutes before digging in.

Comments

Popular Posts