Individual Grilled "Pizzas"

It was one of those days where it had gotten to lunch time and I looked in the fridge to find a truly random selection of ingredients including goat's cheese, pesto and grapes. Now I'm not expecting people to simply have these things in fridge (we'd had a party the day before and these were the leftovers!), but I honestly can't recommend you try this enough.

I sliced a portion of bread (whatever you have in, I used sun dried tomato flatbread - again because it's all we had lying around!), spread on some pesto and popped it under the grill. After a few seconds when the bread had started to warm up, I crumbled on a handful of goat's cheese and popped it back under, allowing it to toast for around 3 minutes until the cheese started to soften. I took it out, drizzled on some olive oil and ground some black pepper over the top before putting it under the grill for the final time to bubble away until tinged just brown.



I'm a huge fan of mixing sweet and savoury, especially when it comes to cheese, so I halved the grapes and chucked them on top but obviously this is purely optional! This recipe can be adapted to be whatever you want it to be. Feel free to change the type of cheese, add tomato and basil or maybe ham and melon and experiment with bread varieties. 



My version is relatively healthy. Goat's cheese is lower in fat and calories than regular cow's milk cheese, as well as being higher in protein and calcium. What's more it's good for your metabolism and it boosts your brain power! So if you've never tried it before, or if you've never really been a fan in the past try out this recipe and I'll hopefully change your mind so that you can improve your health!

Comments

Popular Posts