Hummus 'Slaw

As with a lot of my recipes, this one was the result of something I had in the fridge that needed using up - in this case, a bit of homemade hummus.

You don't have to make your own hummus, of course, but I wanted to share this play on a coleslaw recipe as it genuinely worked out really well. This recipe is more of a guide than a prescriptive list as you can swap in and out most of the ingredients. As for serving, I topped mine with a fillet of grilled salmon but this will honestly go with almost anything. Why not try it as a side for a barbecue or inside your next burger?

Hummus 'Slaw

½ cabbage (I used savoy)
3 carrots
1 red onion or 3 spring onions
2 tbsp chopped nuts or seeds (I used pumpkin seeds)
3 tbsp hummus
2 tbsp yoghurt or mayonnaise
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Finely shred the cabbage, removing the core. Peel and grate the carrots. Finely chop the red onion/spring onions.

Put into a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine (I use my clean hands to do this as it's the best way to ensure everything is combined and coated). Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.

Comments

Popular Posts