Corn Salsa

I can hardly call this a recipe - you literally chop and mix! - but it's worth sharing with you as it's not only versatile but truly delicious.

I used a mixture of tinned and fresh corn as that's what I had to hand. If you're using fresh corn on the cob, you will need to grill it first. Any type of tomato or pepper works here and you can leave the chilli out if you don't have any or don't want any heat. I like to serve this in salads, on burgers, with grilled meats or fish... truly it just about goes with anything!

Corn Salsa
Serves 4 as a side

260g corn (or a 325g can, drained)
150g tomatoes, finely chopped
2 limes, zest and juice
½ green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
1 red pepper, finely chopped
sea salt

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl with a good pinch of salt. If you have time, it tastes best if you leave it to marinate for 30 mins before serving.

Comments

  1. NICE! I will have to try with the grilled fresh corn... never thought of that!
    I whizz mine up briefly in a mini chopper thing and put green jalapenos in it. you can also pop a small bit of soft avocado in it which binds it together. coriander works well. it's a staple when I do burritos or tacos or vege fajitas etc. dont known why it's not more of a "thing" !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts