Vanilla and Honey Quinoa Porridge

Sooo... this might sound a bit out there for some of you, but just have a little faith in me - it's delicious! 

I'm about to begin my final exams for law school and while every fibre of my being wants to binge on chocolate and crisps every minute of the day, I know that I need to at least start my day properly! This quinoa porridge is creamy, sweet and incredibly filling but not only that, it's packed full of goodness, as it's high in protein and full of vitamins. It's the perfect start to anyone's day and I'm convinced you'll love it as much as I do!

Vanilla and Honey Quinoa Porridge
Makes 1 bowl

50g of quinoa 
300ml of coconut milk (almond milk, rice milk…) 
1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla extract 
1 apple 
1 tbsp of honey 
1 tbsp of chia seeds
handful of berries and seeds of your choice

Cut the vanilla pod in half and scrape out the vanilla and grate the apple. Rinse the quinoa and transfer to a pan, pour in 200ml of coconut milk, apple and honey. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.

Take the lid off your pan and add in the rest of the milk and vanilla. Cook for another 4 minutes then take it off the heat, throw in the chia seeds and stir well. Taste and see if you need more honey. Transfer to a bowl and top with berries and seeds.

Comments

Popular Posts