Quick and Easy Tasty Tomato Chutney

I absolutely LOVE chutney. Spread thickly on cheese, cold meats, pâté or even on its own, I always have room for a good chutney and I always like to have a batch in my fridge. 

The only slight problem is that it can sometimes be a bit of a faff to make and it usually tends to made in big batches - two things that are not ideal for a student! So I've been tinkering around with a new method and, well, I've cracked it! This recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make and it uses ingredients you've no doubt already got in your cupboards. What's more, it's incredibly delicious and packed full of flavour!

Quick and Easy Tasty Tomato Chutney
Serves 2

1 tbsp olive oil 
½ shallot or small red onion chopped
½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
2 tomatoes, chopped 
1 clove garlic, crushed 
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar 
1 tsp brown sugar 

Heat the oil in a small pan. Add the shallots, tomatoes, garlic and chilli flakes (if using) and cook out for 5-8 minutes or until softened. 

Add the vinegar and sugar and cook out for a further 3-5 minutes or until the chutney has caramelised slightly. Serve immediately.

Comments

Popular Posts