Garlic Prawn Linguine

Without boring you, there was a time in my life that I thought I was allergic or at least intolerant to prawns. However, after some careful experimentation, I have discovered that I'm not and, let me tell you, it has been a revelation.

Sweet, juicy, full of flavour, I bloody love them! And as a real treat to myself when I'm home alone, there's nothing I love more than a big bowl full of them with pasta, garlic and chilli - heaven! You can double this up to serve two and honestly you can use less prawns per person but I just can't get enough. Oh and don't tell the Italians but I cover this is Parmesan too!

Garlic Prawn Linguine
Serves 1

olive oil 
1 red onion, diced 
thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, grated 
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 red or green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
200g tin chopped tomatoes 
75g linguine 
150g  raw peeled prawns
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat 1 tsp oil in a large frying pan, add the diced onion with a good pinch of salt and fry for 2 minutes before adding the ginger, garlic and chilli (if using). 

Fry for another 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes until saucy. 

Meanwhile, cook the linguine in boiling salted water until just tender (around 7 minutes). Add the prawns to the sauce followed by the cooked linguine together with a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water.

Season well and cook until the prawns turn pink and the sauce is coating the pasta. Toss everything together and then serve.

Comments

Popular Posts