Watermelon Carpaccio Salad with Feta, Watercress and Sesame Seeds (Vegetarian)

I was kindly invited round to my mum's house for dinner the other night and when I arrived, I was greeted with one of the best looking salads I've ever seen! Naturally, I grabbed a photo and asked for the recipe so I could share it with you...

Refreshing watermelon, bitter watercress, sweet pepper, salty feta and toasty sesame seeds - quite simply a flavour sensation! This is more of an assembly job than a recipe as you essentially arrange beautiful ingredients on a platter - perfect for entertaining!

Watermelon Carpaccio Salad with Feta, Watercress and Sesame Seeds
Serves 6 as a side

400g watermelon
handful of watercress
1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, juice only
50g feta cheese
2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Cut off the watermelon rind, pick out any seeds, then slice as finely as you can. For the dressing, simply mix the oil with the juice from the lemon.

Arrange the watermelon a sharing platter, top with the yellow pepper and water cress then pour over the dressing.

Sprinkle over the sesame seeds then crumble over the feta, and finish with a pinch of pepper from a height.

Comments

Popular Posts