Persian-Inspired Tray Roasted Veg

Today is Good Friday and tradition dictates that you shouldn't really eat meat and while I'm not here to tell you what to do, I simply can't pass up an opportunity to talk about veg!

As you might have noticed, there's been a bit of a trend with my blog lately for healthier, lighter dishes and although I'm not a saint, I have been trying to eat a bit better recently before I graduate so I don't look too awful in all the photos! It started off a bit difficult but now I'm basically in a love affair with all things veg and this recipe is one of my all time favourites. Who knew that a drizzle of olive oil, a scattering of garlic, a sprinkling of cumin and a handful of squashed tomatoes could be SO DELICIOUS?!

Persian-Inspired Tray Roasted Veg
Serves 6-8 as a side dish

2 courgettes, cut into wedges
450g purple sprouting broccoli, ends trimmed
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
12 cherry tomatoes
1 tsp ground cumin
olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper.

Place the courgettes and broccoli onto the tray, scatter over the garlic slices, then squeeze the tomatoes a little as you scatter them over the veg. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over the cumin as well as a good amount of salt and pepper.

Roast the courgettes for 15 minutes, or until they are cooked through. Serve immediately.

TIP: I used courgettes and purple sprouting broccoli but pretty much any veg will do!

Comments

Popular Posts