Happy Hour: Mai Tai

Summer is almost here, I can almost taste it and with this delicious cocktail you can too! Mai Tai translates from Tahitian to mean "out of this world" and this cocktail is exactly that!

Fresh, vibrant and tasting like sunshine, the Mai Tai is a classic cocktail that's fallen a bit our of fashion recently and I'm here to bring it back. A couple of weeks ago, I went to Cocktails in the City, a cocktail festival in Leeds Town Hall full of amazing bartenders and drinks where the cocktail of the night was, for me, The Black Swan's take on the Mai Tai. I've been messing around with my own recipe ever since and this final version is EPIC - enjoy!

Happy Hour: Mai Tai
Makes 1

50 ml Dark Rum 
20 ml Fresh Lime Juice 
10 ml Cointreau 
10 ml Amaretto 
10 ml Gomme/Sugar Syrup

Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice. 

Strain over cubed ice into a short glass and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts