Orzo Pasta Salad

I can hardly call this a 'recipe' - it's a bit of chopping and following the packet instructions on the orzo - but it's bloody delicious and often simplicity is best so it's worth sharing with you.

I'm not usually a pasta salad kind of person as I tend to like my pasta coated in a steaming hot sauce and topped with mountains of cheese but this is a little different... Firstly, I like to serve this warm or room temperature (although it does work straight out of the fridge) which gives a bit of luxuriousness and really binds the flavours together. I also make sure I use the best ingredients I can get my hands on so eat mouthful is just bursting with flavour. Great for lunch or dinner, you have to give this one a go!

Orzo Pasta Salad
Serves 2

½ red onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
100g orzo (or other small pasta shapes)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 roasted peppers, chopped
12 kalamata olives, halved and pitted
6 sundried tomatoes, chopped
large handful basil, shredded
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Toss the onion with the vinegar and sugar, and leave to sit while you cook the pasta.

Cook the orzo following pack instructions, then drain really well.

Add the olive oil and some seasoning to the onion, then tip in the orzo and all the veg, and toss. Add the basil and toss again then serve.

Comments

Popular Posts