Breakfast Bars (Vegan)

Today's recipe is inspired by my mum who made me some of these last week. Packed full of goodness and great for breakfast on the go, I had to make a batch for myself...

The recipe is based on one by Amelia Freer - she calls them 'beauty bars' as they're full of skin-boosting ingredients. They also happen to be vegan and refined sugar free and they can be gluten free too if you use gluten-free oats. Ideal for popping in a packed lunch or taking on the train with you, this recipe is a great one to have in your locker!

Breakfast Bars (Vegan)
Makes 10

vegetable or sunflower oil
100g pitted dates
2 tbsp chia seeds
200ml boiling water
80g peanut butter
150g pumpkin seeds
100g oats
50g almonds, roughly chopped

Preheat the oven to 160C and grease the base and sides of a 18cm square baking tin and line with parchment.

Soak the dates and chia seeds in the boiling water for 15 minutes. Then, once cool, blend the dates, chia seeds and the water with the peanut butter to make a smooth paste. Mix with the remaining ingredients and then press into the baking tin with the back of a spoon.

Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and it feels firm when pressed. Cut into slices whilst still warm and then leave to cool completely in the tin before turning out.

Comments

  1. Hello! I'm a third year fashion branding & communication student at birmingham city uni. I couldn't find an email or contact for you so if you there's anywhere I can send any more info to please let me know! As part of my final major project I'm creating a recipe subscription box for students similar to hellofresh, and as part of this I'd love to feature a few recipe cards and collaborate with a food blogger such as yourself. I was wondering if I could please feature a few of your recipes? Your work would be fully credited as your own, please let me know if this would be of any interest and I can email you further! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica. Thank you for reaching out. I am happy for you to use my content as long as I am credited and a link is included to my blog. Do you have an email address so I can contact you about this? Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts