Brilliant Baked Fish Parcels

Hello! Remember me!? I know I have been M.I.A recently but I've had my final exams and dissertation at university so the blog has had to take a bit of a back seat! As of today it's well and truly back and the first recipe is a corker!

This dish is perfect for almost anyone. It's quick, it's easy, it's impressive enough for a dinner party but low cost enough to be a staple student supper and most importantly it tastes fantastic! I used trout fillets because that's simply what was on offer in my local supermarket fish counter but this will work with salmon or any white fish. The taste is fresh, light and vibrant whilst still feeling luxurious. I like to make this midweek when I'm keen to just relax and get something delicious on the table ASAP.

Brilliant Baked Fish Parcels
Serves 4

200g peas, fresh or frozen 
200g broccoli, broken into small florets
50g butter 
2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley or mint 
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon 
4 tbsp crème fraîche 
4 trout fillets (or salmon or white fish) 
4 tbsp olive oil 
120ml vegetable stock

Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5.

Lay 4 sheets of heart-shaped baking paper on a work surface and divide the broccoli between them, placing them in the middle. Top each with peas, butter, parsley (or mint), lemon zest and crème fraîche. Place a fillet of fish on each pile, season and drizzle with the oil, lemon juice and stock. 

Bring up the matching sides of the paper and seal each parcel by crimping its edges together, starting with the round end and finishing at the point. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes until the fish is just cooked, then serve each parcel to be opened at the table. I like mine with boiled new potatoes and a knob of butter.

Comments

Popular Posts