500th BLOG POST: Roast Chicken Thighs with Peppers, Butter Beans, Tomatoes and Chilli

Quite unbelievably today marks the 500th post I've written on my little blog and it felt right that this dish be the one to share with you today... Recently I moved out of my childhood home and into a flat with my boyfriend and whilst there are many changes that come along with that, the change of kitchen and my new proximity to a huge market mean that what I cook (and therefore what I post) is likely to undergo somewhat of a transformation...

This is the first dish I cooked in the new home with thighs from my new butcher, peppers, garlic, watercress, tomatoes and lemons from my new greengrocer and a stunning loaf of bread from my new baker. I love food like this - a big roasting tin full of goodies (great for saving on washing up!), a fresh salad and chunks of good bread covered in good butter - what more do you need?

Roast Chicken Thighs with Peppers, Butter Beans, Tomatoes and Chilli
Serves 4

3 garlic cloves, sliced 
2 peppers, sliced 
Olive oil for drizzling 
8 free-range chicken thighs, trimmed 
400g tin chopped tomatoes 
200ml dry white wine 
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar 
400g tin butter beans, rinsed and drained 
1 tsp chilli flakes
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

To serve:
Watercress and sliced tomatoes
1 lemon, cut into wedges
Crusty bread

Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C/gas 6. Toss the sliced garlic and peppers in a roasting tin with a drizzle of oil. Nestle the chicken on top and pour the tomatoes, wine and vinegar around, making sure not to cover the skin of the chicken. Season and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 45 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. 

After 30 minutes of the cooking time has passed, stir the beans and chilli flakes into the sauce, then return to the oven for the remaining time. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over, a fresh watercress and tomato salad and crusty bread to mop up the sauce.

Comments

Popular Posts