Roasted Tomato Soup

I've been feeling a little under the weather recently so I decided to get in some healthy ingredients and eat myself back to health. Unfortunately I wasn't quite quick enough and I've been hit by a really heavy cold. Luckily I have the best mum in the world and she took all the ingredients I bought and turned them into this delicious soup - I'm starting to feel better already!

Roasted Tomato Soup
Serves 4

1kg ripe tomatoes, quartered 
250g red onions, cut into thick wedges 
4 garlic cloves 
3 fresh rosemary sprigs 
2 red peppers, quartered and deseeded 
1 chilli, finely chopped (optional)
4 tbsp olive oil 
300ml hot vegetable stock 
1 tbsp red wine vinegar 
1 tbsp soy sauce

Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. 

Put the tomatoes, onions, garlic, rosemary, peppers and chilli (if using) into a large roasting tin. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 45 minutes until tender and beginning to char. 

Tip the roasted vegetables into a large pan, blitz with a hand blender until smooth then add the stock, wine vinegar and soy sauce. Stir and heat gently. Divide among 4 bowls and finish with some freshly ground black pepper. Serve with bread for dunking in.

Comments

Popular Posts